I’d like to thank my mum *hi mum* for…. No let’s not go there. As with most blog awards there are certain “rules” and for this one they are as follows:
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- Answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
- Pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award with under 200 followers.
- Come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Go to their blogs and notify your nominees.
I have said before that I don’t want to get caught up in these awards BUT I feel I owe it to you…and it never hurts to share the love so…..
Here are my nominees:
Apologies if I have missed anyone out (but there’s nothing stopping you from accepting and passing it on anyway 😉 )
My questions to you:
1 What is your favourite song lyric?
2 Why? ?/\ /\ /\
3 If you had the chance to go back and change one thing in your past… would you?
4 /\ /\ /\ if yes what would you change, if no…why not?
5 What is your favourite blog post (that you have written?)
6 /\ /\ /\ why?
7 What made you laugh out loud today?
8 What is the best advice to give to someone who is not sure of what decision to make at a crossroads?
9 What are you looking forward to?
10 When someone says “go to your happy place”…where is it that you go?
Congrats to all you nominees 🙂
Now time to thank the people whom nominated me for this award….
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! 🙂
Here are the answers to your questions:
- What made you start a blog? Moving here – across the pond; I found it strange and very unsettling but figured there might be others out there whom could relate to feeling this way
- Where do you see your blog going in the future? In the blog bin? Lol I don’t know, I love my blog, the people I’ve “met” through it and the idea that no matter where in the world I am… This blog will still give me my voice
- What talent (other than your fantastic writing skills) do you wish you had?Maths skills… I’m crap, I can’t do my times tables, I can’t figure stuff out in my head – or on a calculator half the time. I’d love to be confident with it and also to understand grown up things like mortgages, loans, ISAs…. That and the ability to breathe underwater, turn invisible and read minds of course
- What is your dream job? Seeing as I have a degree in it I should probably say “footwear design” but honestly I don’t know any more. All I know is it would have to be something I loved doing. “Do what you love, love what you do” and all that.
- What is your favourite post you’ve written? Probably “wooden letters” as it is about things that mean a lot to me rather than “newbie” things that I could change my opinion on in the near future
- Describe yourself in three words. Worrier, emotional, determined
- What are 3 goals on your Life To-Do list? Find my dream job… And make it something I can take with me wherever we go. Find peace with my demons – the less said about those the better. Live without regrets
- Who would be your dream guest poster? My future self- it would be fun to see what I had to say about all this and compare the difference in a few years time
- Who is your BFF in your head (meaning a celebrity that doesn’t know you exist, but you know you’d be best friends if they did)? JB FROM JLS!! ha ha no he doesn’t count any more since they gave up being a group *grabs tissues* JARED LETO! Beautiful beautiful man
- What would you title a blog post about your life? “That’s what she said”
Here are my answers to your 10 questions:
1. What is your day to day inspiration?
Being here, across the pond; my life, my loves, my laughs and my boys
2. Does it feel when you write about your feelings deep inside that you are vulnerable now? It does when you then realise the blog isn’t as elusive as you initially thought and that the people or things you write about could be see by them or taken the wrong way
3. What other hobbies do you have beside writing? Crafting – I’ve just started up my “own business” actually, selling crafty bits. It may take a while for those quote marks to disappear but it’s initially just so I can sell things legally rather than being deported over a greetings card. (hey it could happen) Hopefully it will grow and evolve into more and the quote marks can go away 🙂
4. Is there a booking preparing for the near future? A what now?
5. What is your day to day job? Primarily being a mother and wife (yes I am looking and no I’m not in any rush to get a REAL job so kindly move along)
6. What are the subjects you could never write about? My deepest darkest, a big past issue, my harsh opinions of real life people (past and present) – see point 2
7. What would your dream job be? Anything I loved doing and could take with me anywhere I went
8. Where would you like to travel? To the beach… To the shop… That’s about it lol
9. If you could have a magic power, what would that be? To breathe underwater, read minds etc etc see above
10. What’s the worst thing you hate about a man/woman? That you can never REALLY know or trust anyone 100% I’m still learning about myself after 28years and yet I’m still surprised when people around me let me down
11. Do you believe in second chances? I suppose I do, but it’s too easy to believe in something when you want it to be true
And finally, http://umadyet.com/2014/05/04/liebster-award/
These are my answers to your questions
1.You may have seen the bumper sticker “I’d rather be _________!” What would your sticker say? Organised! I love being organised…I try very hard to stay organised …but the obsession means I rarely get to sit down and just relax…if I were already completely organised…my life would be easier 😉
2. Since starting your blog, what is one thing you have learned about yourself? That I find it easier to tell all to people whom I don’t actually know
3. You can only have one food and one beverage for the rest of your life, what is it? Pasta and tea
4. You have the power to change one thing in the world, what would it be? Bad choices
5. Bugs Bunny was one of my favourite cartoons growing up, what was yours? Tinkerbell…she’s mean and edgy and kind of hot
- As an adult, I found Bugs to be a bit evil in his ways. Did your view of your favourite cartoon change as you grew up? Tinkerbell had issues
- What is your mental escape from everyday life? Craft and painting (when I get a chance to) is my favourite escape but music is probably more often
- You’ve just won a prize! Besides money, what would you want it to be? Everything on the list of ‘things that would make my life a little more easy and a lot more fun’
- Do you control your feelings or do you let them control you? They control me, I wish they didn’t but I don’t see the point in hiding how I really feel, that’s just the way I am
- Skip this question and save it for last: After writing this what was harder for you, answering or asking the questions? asking
- In today’s crazy world there is so much madness. There are also people doing great things. With that being said, what is your favourite colour – hot pink
* Aaaaannnd breathe *
Thank you all again so much – I truly appreciate it and sorry it took me so long to post back 🙂